Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Mmmm Hmmmm

So, no drunken post-party posts, sadly, but I did have a rollicking good time. There were all sorts of people at the party, most of them from EV, but a good handful were just other people who knew the folks throwing the party and teach English elsewhere. I met a Radiohead fan from Orange County and a Canadian from New Brunswick who parties with the Trailer Park Boys. I also got to talk to some of my Korean coworkers, and a New Zealander had me in stitches telling me the tale of his bungee jumping exploits - he went three times and hated each one. All sorts of fun shenanigans were had.

I awoke Monday with the hangover of doom. Mark my words, friends, soju hurts. Must remember this fact in the future... I still managed to get up eventually and get some things done. I went for a walk down the hill to explore and buy some water, and did some good, old fashioned cooking (AND EATING) and cleaning. I am really liking having my own place. There are plenty of people to hang out with (though I also look forward to the arrival of other new people, as a lot of the folks here, while very friendly and welcoming, sort of have their social networks in place), but it is really great having a space with everything I need in it all to myself.

Today I've been hit with an unexpected day off (I thought it would be Wednesday), so I am going to grab some breakfast and head for Seoul. This evening I am giving Aleks a German lesson, and then I'm going to play some ultimate Frisbee. I'm sure I'll have lots to report on Seoul, which I will, of course impart later.

Until then, keep it real, my homies.

No comments: