Saturday, March 10, 2007

All in a Day's Work.

I finally did my first show today. Well, my first six shows to be exact. The kids are great. They all really seemed to enjoy the show. It's also nice by the end to be able to see that we've taught them some new words and phrases. The show is pretty much a breeze and does get repetitive (already), but luckily there is a lot of room for improv, so changing things up a bit not only can be done, but is encouraged. My voice was actually a little tired from all of the singing (two songs and a duet per show), but I know it will adjust. There were LOTS of kids, and I'm sure there will be lots tomorrow.

Also, I've started working on my first script here. So far we(the three person task-force I'm on)'ve got the major plot elements nailed down and need to figure out a few more details before we can start writing scenes. As most of you know, I like to say "no" to group writing, but this seems to work okay, since we all meet and talk about our work and then do things individually or divvy them up.

I'm just home from having a couple post-work pints with some folks. Good times. Yeah. I got to know Alex (Stu's girlfriend, from Serbia) a bit better. I am going to help her work on her German starting next week. Also, I'm invited to a party tomorrow night being thrown by some of the lovely Eastern European ladies who work here, which will take place at their residences OUTSIDE of the Village (oh, lala!). If you're lucky, you will get a drunken post after that event. Girl, you know it's true.

No comments: