Thursday, December 20, 2007

By George!

It's been an exciting week, so I won't mince words!

On Friday, I found out that I'd been offered a new apartment! I am now officially moved out of my old one. Now the cleaning and re-organizing of the new apartment begins. It's an awesome place, a one-bedroom meant to house a couple, but it's aaaall mine. I'm on the end of my building so I have extra windows and lots of natural light, which I love. There will be space to do yoga in my living room and to have people over for dinner and fun times. Super yay!

Last Saturday, I went to Seoul to see Basement Jaxx play a pretty sweet DJ set at a venue called Club Mass in the Gangnam district. A fun group of friends came with. It was great to get all dolled up and dance a lot--something I had not done in ages.

Last Sunday I went on a date with a Korean guy for the very first time. He's a fellow I met when he was visiting EV. It was really sweet and cute. He was so nervous about his English, that he brought a little notebook with words to remember and questions to ask me. We had coffee and then a really great, really healthy dinner. He gave me a red reindeer ornament, and at the end of the date he said, "I am very happy times with you." I was very happy times, too.

Also, this week I'm preparing for a UNICEF benefit that is being held here at English Village. It's basically a night of performance to raise some money for the kiddies. I will be singing a duet with my friend Rachel, and also dancing with the lovely ladies from the dance class here. I am excited to dance. This is by far the most challenging dance combo that I will have ever performed, and I am thrilled to be able to do it! Yay for the acquisition of skills! The show is this Saturday.

As if all of this weren't enough, today, around 3pm, my dear friend Aleks gave birth to a healthy baby girl, Drina! Drina arrived a little early, as she was due December 31st. Like her mom, she's a little go-getter. I am thrilled for Aleks and Stu (her husband, my coworker), and incredibly excited to meet this baby and help take care of her.

Exciting times, no? I promise photos of many of the aforementioned events, but right now I am beat and need to hit the hay. Goodnight.

1 comment:

*M* said...

I am always very happy times with you. ;)

XOXO