Sunday, August 19, 2007

Cheers, Mates!

I got an early birthday present a few days ago. Pretty, no? I'm already sooooo happy to have a guitar here. I've been learning some new songs, and am working on learning new chords so that I'll be able to write with ease. Yay!

There isn't really anything else too noteworthy going on. I've had some fun nights out recently and continue to be exhausted (mostly in a good way) by work. Rehearsals for our September/October/November season (Wild West, yeehaw!) are in full swing, so I have lines, songs and blocking to learn for the role I'll be understudying and rehearsals to observe. I'm also working on some script drafts for the season that will follow. This, in addition to the regular regime of three shows a day means my time is being put to good use. This past week, a few minor injuries meant that some understudies had to come in and some role-shifting was necessary and this meant that we had to do put-in rehearsals on top of the regularly scheduled shows. Hence, I am exhausted and glad that it's my weekend.

There is, however, indeed no rest for the weary. Tomorrow I'll be heading with a gaggle of Village folk to a water park called Ocean World, where I will spend my last day as a 25-year-old gallivanting about in a swim cap and enjoying the water and sunshine. Tuesday I'll sleep in and get a massage, and then join a coworker of mine who has the same birthday (though we're a year apart) and various friends in celebrating our big day out on the town. Sweetness.

I'll be sure to post a recap and pictures of the events mentioned above.

3 comments:

Al Acker said...

Alena,
Your plastique couture is hautestanding. Love, Mom

Al Acker said...

Alena,
Fun and more FUN. It doesn't get better than this. What a great bunch of friends you have. Mom

Mom said...

Alena,
Your plastique couture is hautestanding. Love, Mom