Sunday, May 27, 2007

Best. Work. Assignment. EVER.

So, yesterday one of my work projects was to be in a parade. Our bosses selected three people from my department and other people from other departments to do this. I honestly had no idea what to expect. I was just told to show up in front of EV city hall at 10:10 am, wearing a white shirt. I expected this assignment to maybe be a bit tedious. It turned out to be anything but.


The parade was part of the opening ceremonies of the Paju Flower Festival, which is still going on now. We all carried the flags of various English-speaking countries (or in some cases, including mine, just a solid colored pink or blue flag) and marched and waved at people. It was pretty amusing, and only lasted for about a half an hour.


When we completed our little march, we were fed a delicious free lunch (vegetarians were well taken care of) which included beer and makoli (this really weird wine stuff) and then given a little time to look around. While looking around, I scored the most kickin' visor ever:

This is seriously one of the best things that Korea has had to offer me thus far. The visor is disposable (cardboard) and is the shape and style worn by grandmothers everywhere. I love it, and I wore it for the whole rest of my workday. What, gentle reader, could possibly be a better way in which to express my Paju pride.

On the way back to our van, we passed a truck where flowers were being given away for free. I got a marigold and a white flower that is shaped like a trumpet.

No comments: