Thursday, November 15, 2007

No Words

Yesterday morning, my dear friend Natalie's mother passed away after a painful and difficult battle with cancer. Even though this was not unexpected, it leaves me shocked and wondering once again why such horrible things happen to good people.

Carla'nne was an incredibly intelligent, incredibly loving individual and a great mother. She spent her life saving the lives of others. I didn't know her very well, but I will remember her as a stimulating and witty conversationalist and lover of literature. I cannot begin to imagine how I'd feel if I were in Natalie's position.

Natalie,
As you know, you are in my thoughts and I wish against wish that there were anything I could do. I wish you and Gabrielle and your dad comfort and hope that you will be able to find solace in the many friends and loved ones who are there with you. You are an incredibly strong and talented woman, and I know that you will get through this, although your life will never be the same. I send you all my love.

No comments: